Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Getting the Vibe

I seem to be changing a little when it comes to our day-to-day rhythms. Letting go of some specifics and details, and letting our day flow how it does. Not quite ready to ditch the plans and schedules yet but I'm starting to really enjoy the freedom.

Spent a fun evening going ice sledding in the dark a couple nights ago, and had a grand time. Between runs, we looked at the stars and pointed out the 3 constellations we know (note: learn more constellations!). Days have more free reading and I take time for errands when I feel like it.

She's now getting into fractions, improving her cursive and starting to do typing practice too. Grammar is going to take a backseat to a broader writing plan. Stories and short essays, including editing and formatting are what I'm thinking but we'll see how that works out.

The middle ages are really fun and I'm not so stressed about all the specifics anymore. Plenty of books are around, and I have a handful of interesting hands-on projects waiting in the wings.

Life has brought my some unexpected challenges lately which has led me to consider putting her back in school next year. Still not sure how I feel about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment